Congratulations to A Murray & Sons for winning the hydraulics tender for the Tumut Hospital redevelopment. Health Infrastructure awarded the construction contract of the new Tumut Hospital to Richard Crookes Constructions in December 2019. A Murray & Sons were selected at tender as the plumbers for this project.
As part of this redevelopment the NSW Government has committed $50 million towards the Tumut Community for following proposed services:
- Emergency Department
- Inpatient Unit
- Birthing Unit
- Operating Theatre and Day Surgery
- Wellness Centre including: community health, community mental health, community drug and alcohol services; outpatient services such as rehabilitation, specialist clinics, wound care; ambulatory services such as renal dialysis, infusion/transfusion services; space for education and group therapy services
- Quiet Room for families and a Cultural Room
- Clinical support services including: medical imaging unit; pharmacy; pathology with on-site laboratory Administration and non-clinical support areas
- Dedicated car parking for staff and service vehicles
- New Helipad.
The construction of the Tumut hospital redevelopment is due to be complete in 2021. This will be followed by a period of operational commissioning and demolition of old hospital buildings and landscaping.
Services will continue at Tumut Hospital during the construction of the new facility.
Tumut residents will receive regular updates on the progress of the project with newsletters and details on project milestones and achievements in the media and social media as well as on the Murrumbidgee Local Health District website. Updates are also displayed on a pin board in the Hospital’s main entrance.
We are proud to be part of this development in Tumut, which holds so much of our company’s history.